JAMES MADISON QUOTE - 1822

"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."

SCOTTSBORO WEATHER - SUN & MOON RISE

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Creatures in My Garden






Some of natures beauty lies within ones garden. I watched the Hummingbirds dance their aerial ballet in the cool air of an Alabama summer morning; I stop and give thanks to God for the the little blessings in life and think how fortunate I am to enjoy this small blessing in my Scottsboro, Alabama garden. Photos from top to bottom: 1) Eastern Tiger Swallow Tail, the female black form; 2) Perched male Ruby Throat Hummingbird; 3) Male Goldfinch; 4) Garden Spider and zig zag web; 5) Blue Dragon Fly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary, Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures of the creatures in your garden. I just took a walk by my pond to enjoy the goldfish. Life is good. Regards, Dorris Deason, Birmingham