Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Scottsboro City Council, Work Session and Regular Session 9-11-17
Scottsboro City Hall (photo by G. Morgan)
(Work Session and Regular Session Agenda)
1) Public Hearing - Special Event Alcohol License, Susan Webb DBA Jackson Events LLC; this event is for the BBQ Cookoff
2) Resolution to raise subdivision and site plan cost/permit; raise from $150 to $200
3) 2017-2018 Employee Health Care and Life Insurance Contract
4) Equipment Operator 2 Job Description for Cemetery Department
All items were approved.
Meeting was continued until Thursday at 6PM for Budget Hearing at City Hall.
There were 3 delegations that met with the City Council.
1) Complaint regarding the property behind Maples Industry, brush has been allowed to get out of hand. This area is due west of Garden Drive.
2) Kelly Goodowen for the BBQ Cookoff, Tourism fund grant request for $3000; event to be held on Oct. 14, 2017. Request to block off Laurel Street on the Square related to the BBQ cookoff on Oct. 14, 2017.
3) Scottsboro Band Boosters, competition on October 21, 2017; request for Tourism Grant $5,500.