JAMES MADISON QUOTE - 1822

"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."

SCOTTSBORO WEATHER - SUN & MOON RISE

Monday, August 8, 2016

Scottsboro, Alabama - City Council Place 1, Questions for the Candidates - Meet and Greet Scottsboro's Political Candidates August 7, 2016

Photo of Jessica Butler, Candidate for Place 1 Scottsboro City Council - Fair use rights for non-profit news reporting and commentary. Face Book info at https://www.facebook.com/jbutlerscottsborocity/?pnref=story  

QUESTIONS
Why should I vote for you over other candidates for city council? A second question - What do you offer the citizens of Scottsboro, Alabama that other candidates do not offer?

Ms. Butler's answers: 
Thank you for your interest in Scottsboro and the citizens. 
I offer a genuine, unbiased concern for the city of Scottsboro. I do not have a personal agenda. I want to serve and help our community progress. I offer the citizens a fresh perspective and a fair voice.


Photo of Dan Deason, Candidate for Place 1 Scottsboro City Council - Fair use rights for non-profit news reporting and commentary. Face Book info at https://www.facebook.com/Elect-Dan-Deason-Scottsboro-City-Council-Place-1-1397875270228993/

QUESTIONS
Why should I vote for you over other candidates for city council? A second question - What do you offer the citizens of Scottsboro, Alabama that other candidates do not offer?

Mr. Deason's Answers
Why should I vote for you over other candidates for city council? I love this city and the people of this city and I love helping people.  I am no stranger to Scottsboro or Scottsboro city government.  I am dedicated to being "the people's voice" - listening to their ideas and concerns and then taking action.  The wonderful people of this city already know me and I feel they know they can absolutely count on my dependability. 

What do you offer the citizens of Scottsboro, Alabama that other candidates do not offer ? 1. I have many years of experience in working with budgets of tens of millions of dollars. 2. I feel the years that I have spent in city hall as Safety Director and Mayor uniquely qualify me as having more experience, knowledge, and leadership in and of city government than any other candidate.  3.  I have friends across the state of Alabama in municipal government - plus friends in Montgomery to use as a source of knowledge and expertise - when necessary.  4.  I have over 40 years of experience in "management" - in retail, life and health insurance, mortgage financing, manufacturing, the military (U. S. Air Force), and in government.  5. I have been designated as an Advanced Certified Municipal Official by the Alabama League of Municipalities.


Photo of Tim Saint, Candidate for Place 1 Scottsboro City Council - Fair use rights for non-profit news reporting and commentary. Face Book info at https://www.facebook.com/TimSaint2016/

QUESTIONS
Why should I vote for you over other candidates for city council? A second question - What do you offer the citizens of Scottsboro, Alabama that other candidates do not offer?

Mr. Saint's answers
The impacts of this upcoming national elections are felt on a local level, regardless of political party or chosen candidate, if for no other reason than it is becoming increasingly clear that American voters are tired of politicians who climb the political ranks and lose touch with the real issues on their way up. I am no career politician, and I am not looking for this office to be my start to climbing the ranks. As a born and raised Scottsboro citizen, I have been in this community through many highs, lows and everything in between. Throughout my life, I have not just invested in Scottsboro actively participating in its workforce on many levels and supporting its businesses, but I have also made the greatest investment of all by raising my children here in Scottsboro schools and now my grandchildren here.

While I do not believe a class or program can completely prepare someone to hold an elected office exists, I do believe the experience necessary to be a true representative of a community comes from not just reading about a city, but by knowing the community and what makes it unique and using that knowledge to recognize what goals can be made to keep making that community great.

If elected, you can count on me to work diligently with the other council members to consider the needs of the public, the issues at hand and act on both in a way that ensures Scottsboro will give its citizens the opportunity to grow the economy and create a stronger community to raise our families in. We can all agree that when families are strong, Scottsboro is strong.


Mr. Ken Southeard (No photo available, no Face Book listing.)

Questions: Why should I vote for you over other candidates for city council? A second question - What do you offer the citizens of Scottsboro, Alabama that other candidates do not offer?  

Mr. Southeard's answers provided at the Scottsboro Depot Meet and Greet on August 7,2016.
" I worked as a Volunteer Fireman for 25 years. I just want to help people of Scottsboro."

VIDEO - Scottsboro Political Candidates Meet and Greet August 7, 2016 at the Jackson County Historical Association's Scottsboro Railroad Depot. Many thanks to the Jackson County Historical Association.

No comments: